Mga Pahina

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

10 Tricky Interview Questions and Answers

We have listed 10 tricky questions and answers during a job interview. Read through the post to learn how to respond to and handle these questions.



1. What would you do if you won the lottery today and only have one day to spend the money?


Tips:


This question would show your generosity, your values, and work ethic.


Answer sample:


I would save half of the money for future use and invest a portion of it in this company if possible because it is wise to invest in a successful organization and give the remaining to charity for a good cause.


2. Why did you choose your outfit today?


Tips:


The interviewer is looking at your values, confidence, and respect. Talk about corporate image and projection.

Answer sample:

It would be appropriate to wear business attire since I am applying to a good company. I also prefer wearing formal clothes because I look professional and presentable.


3. Who in the public eye would you like to punch in the face, and why would you do that?


Tips:


Okay, so you say you are NOT going to punch anyone, and the physical fight is not allowed in an organization, but whom and what rattles your cage? Think carefully about how to respond to this question. Would it be a political advocate whose policies you disagree with? Show tolerance and understanding and that you value individuals.


Answer sample:


I do not want to punch anyone. However, there was one actress I saw once who was not kind to her fans and paparazzi. I do not like her anymore because of what I saw. It must be a side effect of being famous, but I understand her. It must be hard to have a stalker paparazzi and not be able to have privacy at all.


4. What would your last meal be, and why did you prepare it?


Tips:


So now the question is a bit personal. Are you a gourmand or a gourmet? Are you a health-conscious or a fast food fanatic? There is no right or wrong answer. You may think about the organization you might be working with for synergy. For example, if you apply to a seafood restaurant, you can say you ate your favorite fish fillet.


Answer sample:


I ate pancakes this morning. I could eat pancakes every day. It is my favorite breakfast.


5. Why were you out of work for so long and not applying for a job?


Tips:


You do not want the interviewer to think that no one wants to employ you. It is better to say it is your choice to take some time off between jobs because you wanted to explore study opportunities or had a personal situation that needed your attention.


Answer sample:


I had a problem at home that I needed to fix. I had to settle some matters, so I needed to leave my job to fix things. We resolved the problem, and now I am ready to work and focus on other things.


6. I do not know how to send a text message. Here is my mobile phone. Can you teach me how to do it?


Tips:


This question may not be about mobile phones at all. They might ask you to explain something else. Explain what they are asking and how to do it in a simple response. Organization of thought is necessary to answer this question.


Answer sample:


You need to go to the Messages Screen to send a text message. First, press the menu button so you would see your phone icons. After that, tap on the Messages icon. Then, tap on Create Message. Enter the mobile number of the person you wish to send the message to or tap on Contact to enter the number of the person from your phonebook memory. After choosing the number, type in your message and press send once you are done.


7. Do you think I need to do something differently as an interviewer?


Tips:


Say constructive criticism and feedback. This answer will reflect your personality. How do you react to someone you hardly know? How do you criticize them? Be honest but polite. You are selling yourself, so be careful with your answer.


Answer sample:

I admire your professionalism, and your questions are relevant to the position I am applying for. There are times you look so strict. However, I understand you are careful in hiring the right candidate for this position.


8. What do you like to do during your free time to make it meaningful and productive?


Tips:


The interviewer is simply trying to get to know you better. Tricky or not, it is safe to say you are doing engaging things during your free time. It will also show your personality. The question allows you to show that you are well-rounded.


Answer sample:


I enjoy surfing the web, streaming, and watching movies online. I also go out with my friends to catch up with them. I make sure I have time for them.


9. Who do you admire as a professional? How can you reach at least a portion of his achievement?


Tips:


You can talk about their characteristics and relate them on your own. Your answer will allow you to show your good points as an employee and sell yourself to the interviewer.


Answer sample:


I like J.K. Rowling because she is a good writer. She is now known as the wealthiest novelist. Her life story was rags to riches. I admire people who are very passionate about their craft. I am passionate about my job, and I believe you can not achieve great success without hard work, passion, and patience. 


10. What would you do in your off if you did not have to work?


Tips:


Provide an answer that will prove you will still do engaging things even if you do not have a job. Work-life balance is also vital to every employee to perform their duty efficiently/. Would you travel or sit around? Would you do voluntary work?


Answer sample:


I prefer to do charity works to share my blessings and travel with my loved ones to spend time with them.


Read more job interview tips from other blog posts:


What To Prepare Before For Job Interview?

10 Best Attire In Job Interviews







2 comments:

Tell us in the comment section for any suggestions and other job-hunting tips you want to read on this website. We appreciate your support and contributions.